Thursday, October 8, 2009

For Quinn











Quinn woke up at 6:30 and the first thing out of his mouth was "I miss our old house," followed by "I can't remember what it looks like." We are all transitioning, getting accustomed to new spaces, new schools, new routines, new friends, etc., and for the most part it's very fun and exciting. I can't speak for Quinn, but I think I know how he was feeling this morning. When the memories of a former life spill over into our dreams and come to the surface, they are often some distilled memory of something very essential to a place, something beautiful or something that made us feel good. There were so many beautiful things about our life in California. This will be the hardest part for Quinn, understanding that those memories were connected to something very real, not made up, just in the past. We stretch as people when we make these big life moves, but there are growing pains along the way. This post is for Quinn, my little guy who woke up this morning missing California.


No comments:

Post a Comment