Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Besser boys' first Snow Day: Day 1




Shiloh's attempt at a snow angel!




It started snowing Tuesday night and snowed through the day Wednesday. School was cancelled at 6 am and the boys spent the day sledding and eating snow and getting so cold their ears and noses turned purple. I took a lot of pictures of snow-- on branches, on wrought iron details, on children and dogs, on bicycles. I watched branches break off 100-year-old trees from the weight of the snow. I counted and measured the inches...3, 4, 5...10, 11, 12. I was very amused and totally enchanted, but also a bit perplexed. It's October 28th after all. I don't have any snow associations with late October. None. My snow memories begin in December and end in April. Nothing in the October files. About an hour ago we checked the Boulder Valley School District website: school is cancelled for tomorrow...again. The boys are headed next door for a sleep over (who needs to go to bed on time or do homework!). No school, no rules, no bed time....

And it's still snowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment