Monday, June 21, 2010

Jamestown Ride


Grant and I celebrated father's day with an amazing bike ride from central Boulder to Jamestown. It is considered one of Boulder's top rides and now I know why. The 30 mile ride along a rushing creek is not only incredibly scenic, but the gradual climb on a paved bike shoulder enabled even a novice rider like me to feel comfortable the whole way. It took us about 3 hours total and I needed a two hour nap in the afternoon to recover, but it was a memorable way to break in my new bike. Here are some of the statistics on the ride from bicycling.com:
State:Colorado (CO)
Distance:23.37 mi (Change units)
Calories:2039
Average Speed:13.7 mph 0:04:23/mi
Duration:1:42:29
Survey Elevation:Total Gain: 3107 ft Total Loss: 3134 ft Net Change: -28 ft
Difficulty:7 / 10

1 comment:

  1. Glad I found this--I'm hoping to ride to Jamestown for the first time tomorrow, and I'm a little anxious since I'm not a super skilled rider like most bikers in Boulder. Even so, it's talked about so much, it must be awesome, right? Your blog makes me feel I can do it--thanks!

    ReplyDelete