Monday, May 23, 2011

Carson Turns 10!

Carson turned 10 on the 19th.  All he wanted for his birthday was a mountain bike.  It is one of those gifts that Grant and I, despite the cost, were happy to buy, knowing that it will his primary form of transportation to school next year and will serve him on many summer adventures.  In a couple of weeks, he will be heading to the mountains to attend his favorite Boulder summer camp, SMBA (Single track Mountain Bike Adventures), where he will ride for 5 hours through rigorous and rough terrain on the trails around Boulder.  I got my first 10-speed bike when I was ten, but my adventures were much more suburban; the only mountains I climbed were up the steep road to the top of the cul-de-sac on the quiet street where I lived.  

No comments:

Post a Comment