Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Making blueberry muffins at 5:30 am





Quinn woke us up at 5:30, so I decided to make use of the time and make some blueberry muffins.  With warm muffins coming out of the oven, I thought that it would help with the usual morning crankiness.  It did.  The boys got off to the school bus with many minutes to spare.  

Today is warm and blustery.  Shiloh and I walked up the lower Sanitas trail, then cut over to Dakota ridge.  My lower back has been screaming at me and I know exactly what it's saying:  Y-O-G-A.  It's so obvious but for various reasons, I'm not yet there.  There are more yoga studios here than gas stations, so that's not it.  I have three great recommendations of nearby studios, so that's not it.  Time?  I got it, so that's not it.  Yoga takes me out of my comfort zone.  When it comes to exercise, I am the most uncomfortable when I am stretching.  I am a terrible stretcher.  Even my 7th grade PE teacher was shocked by my inflexibility.  I give myself a 2 for flexibility.   I have no doubt that I will let yoga into my life at some point.  But not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment